Today, we now know, you get out of your body what you put into it. At any age, it’s imperative to eat nutrient rich foods which can help you maintain a healthy weight, boost your energy levels, and ward off health problems. Especially in seniors, a healthy diet can help fight against high blood-pressure, diabetes, constipation, and heart problems. As we age, how our bodies process food changes. With this in mind, you may want to re-evaluate your diet and make any changes that may bring balance to your diet and overall health.
Be sure to check off our 7 steps to a healthier senior diet below!
- Pack in proteins like beans, eggs, chicken, fish, lean meats, and nuts.
- Eat whole grains
- Eat raw fruit and vegetables
- Choose food with lower sodium content
- Stick to healthy fats like nuts and avocado
- Eat less due to lower metabolism
- Don’t forget your vitamins!
With our 7 steps to a healthy senior diet you can make the necessary changes to give your health a boost. Start small by replacing junk snacks with your favorite fruits and vegetables and take it from there! Small healthy choices every day will lead to bigger better decisions for your health and future.