Your Golden Years are supposed to be relaxing and peaceful, but if you’re not self-aware, you may spend them worrying about your health instead. Read the 9 tips below to staying healthy long into your senior years.
- Focus on Prevention – Regularly scheduled health screenings as well as preventative care will help you be aware of any health changes. This is the key to prevention.
- Eat Healthy – Today, we all know our health is directly linked to our diets. Focus on eating whole-grains as well as high-fiber fruits and veggies. Also, don’t forget to drink plenty of water!
- Annual Vision Screening – Having clear vision helps reduce the chances of a fall. Make sure your vision, prescription, and eye health is checked annually.
- Dental Visits every 6 Months – As we age, our risk for cavities goes up. Oral Health is priority as it is linked to serious health conditions.
- Socialize – Spending time with friends and family helps us all to feel connected. Make sure to make time for those whom make you love and laugh.
- FREE Physicals – Take advantage of Medicare which provides seniors with free annual wellness visits.
- Remember Mental Health – Engage your brain. Reading, writing, playing chess, and crossword puzzles are just a few of the ways you can continue to challenge your brain and ward off the decline of mental health.
- 411 on Meds – Fully understanding your medications and their symptoms will help keep you involved in your own care. Note how you feel and discuss any changes with your doctor thoroughly.
- Get Some Sleep – There’s nothing like a good night’s rest. Keep your body well rested so you can help maximize your health and your day.